Homepage Armatori Italiano English Française
Italian Maritime Academy (IMA) ed Italian Maritime Academy Technologies (IMAT)
Picciotto
Cultura Navale
Collegio Nazionale Capitani Lungo Corso e Macchina
Daniele Alletto
Maxi-web.it
Air Naval
navichepassione
Torre d'aMare
ATENA
Precedente Successiva
CALEDONIA
CALEDONIA
Launched on February 1st, 1934 by Wm Denny & Bros Ltd at Dumbarton, Scotland
Engines : Triple Expansion diagonal : 20, 30.5 and 50 in x 60 in
Dimensions : 223 ft 6 in x 30 ft 1 in
624 Gross Registered Tonnes
Built for Caledonian Steam Packet Company Ltd
Featured concealed paddle-boxes and linked observation decks above fore and aft deck shelters
Served as a minesweeper named HMS Goatfell during the Second World War
Served on a wide variety of routes, primarily ferry sailings, but also cruising out of Ayr.
Converted to oil-burning for the 1955 season. Radar fitted in 1959.
Replaced PS Jeanie Deans at the Craigendoran station in 1965 and undertook more cruise work
Sold for scrapping after the 1969 season, but later resold to the brewing company Bass-Charrington
As "Old Caledonia" she served as a floating pub moored on the Embankment, central London
Destroyed by fire in 1980 (and later replaced by former stable-mate TS Queen Mary)
Engines preserved at the Hollycombe Steam Fair Park at Iron Hill, Liphook, Hants.
Source details Tramscape

Username Registrato ruud
Armatore
Ship manager
Numero IMO
Classificazione
Cantiere e anno di costruzione
Data
Luogo
Aggiunta il 06/04/2007
Dimensioni 800 x 523
visite 1306