Homepage Armateurs Italiano English Française
Italian Maritime Academy (IMA) ed Italian Maritime Academy Technologies (IMAT)
Picciotto
Cultura Navale
Collegio Nazionale Capitani Lungo Corso e Macchina
Daniele Alletto
Maxi-web.it
Air Naval
navichepassione
Torre d'aMare
ATENA
Précedente Suivante
SAINT COLUMBIA
SAINT COLUMBIA
Company: David MacBrayne
Built:William Denny & Bros.-Dumbarton 1912
270'3" x 32'1"
GT:785 later 827
Eng.: 3 direct drive turbines
Built to replace the fire damaged and subsequently sold Queen Alexandra of 1902
Placed on Turbine Steamers’ Campeltown run in succession to her namesake
Requisitioned as a troop transport ship from 1915 to 1919
A notable wartime exploit was the ramming and sinking of a German U-Boat
After the war she was generally on the Inveraray cruise
From 1927, she was back on the Campbeltown route
In 1932 her promenade deck was largely enclosed to form a spacious saloon
Sold to David MacBrayne in October 1935
Reappeared for the 1936 season with three funnels and an extended deck saloon
Renamed Saint Columba
Remained on the Clyde, operating MacBrayne’s Glasgow to Ardrishaig mail service
Reboilered in 1937 and converted to oil fuel
Served during World War II as an accommodation ship at Greenock
Returned to the summer Ardrishaig service in 1947, serving until the end of the 1958 season
Withdrawn and scrapped shortly afterwards and was replaced by LOCHFYNE.
Courtesy/°©Robertson/Prentice

Username Enregistré ruud
Armateur
Ship manager
Numéro IMO
Type de navire
Année et chantier de construction 1912
Date
Lieu
Téléchargée le 25/04/2007
Dimension 800 x 532
visites 1419