Homepage Armatori Italiano English Française
Italian Maritime Academy (IMA) ed Italian Maritime Academy Technologies (IMAT)
Picciotto
Cultura Navale
Collegio Nazionale Capitani Lungo Corso e Macchina
Daniele Alletto
Maxi-web.it
Air Naval
navichepassione
Torre d'aMare
ATENA
Precedente Successiva
BP British Hussar
BP British Hussar
The first of the company's ships to carry the name the Hussar was built by Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson Ltd., Newcastle, (Yard No. 1138). Launched on the 14th August 1923 and completed in October of that year. 10,929 DWT, 440.2' LOA, Breadth 42' she was powered by 2 steam turbines manufactured by the shipbuilder double reduction geared to a single shaft, 3,210 hp. She survived WWII unscathed and continued trading until 1953 when she was sold to the British Iron & Steel Corp. for °40,000 and allocated to Metal Industries Ltd. for demolition. 8.10.53 she arrived at Rosyth from Grangemouth and demolition commenced 11.8.53. Almost 30 years to the day from launch to demolition, a very long life for a tanker.

Username Registrato treeve
Armatore
Ship manager
Numero IMO
Classificazione
Cantiere e anno di costruzione
Data
Luogo
Aggiunta il 23/04/2007
Dimensioni 900 x 382
visite 820