Homepage Armatori Italiano English Française
Italian Maritime Academy (IMA) ed Italian Maritime Academy Technologies (IMAT)
Picciotto
Cultura Navale
Collegio Nazionale Capitani Lungo Corso e Macchina
Daniele Alletto
Maxi-web.it
Air Naval
navichepassione
Torre d'aMare
ATENA
Precedente Successiva
BP British Princess
BP British Princess
One of the early builds of the 54 12,250 DWT tankers ordered by the British Tanker Co. at the end of WWII. Built by Sir James Laing & Sons Ltd., Sunderland, (Yard No.768). She was launched by HRH the Princess Elizabeth on the 30th April 1946, watched by a crowd of 6,000. The Princess gave a stirring speech in which she paid tribute to the sacrifices of the Tanker crews during the war and stated "No other type of ship is quite so important to our lives as the tanker. No other type of ship is so vital to victory in time of war, or is so essential to prosperity in peace." She was presented with a sapphire and diamond flower brooch in a silver box as a momento of the occasion on behalf of the builders and the owners. The vessel was 12,354 DWT, 469.6' LOA, Breadth 62'. She was powered by a 3-cyl 2 S. C. S. A. oil engine manufactured by William Doxford & Sons Ltd., Sunderland, developing 3,435 bhp and geared to a single shaft. Delivered to the owners in August of that year and traded uneventfully until she was laid up in Swansea on the 22nd April 1959. 23.6.1961 she was sold for demolition and on 8.2.1962 she arrived under tow at Briton Ferry for demolition by T. W. Ward Ltd. Work commenced 26.2.1962.

Username Registrato treeve
Armatore
Ship manager
Numero IMO
Classificazione
Cantiere e anno di costruzione
Data
Luogo
Aggiunta il 23/04/2007
Dimensioni 900 x 575
visite 816